The 2020 Allentown Lions Memorial Day Parade will be held Monday, May 25. The Parade is rain or shine and begins at 10:30 AM. Please arrive early and remember Main Street and High Street will be closed. A Memorial Service will follow the parade on the Allentown Grammar school grounds. In addition, prior to the start of the parade there will be a bicycle decorating contest sponsored by the Allentown Business Community Association at 16 Allen Drive. All participants are welcomed to ride their bicycles in the parade.
The Parade Route
The parade route is ¾’s of a mile long. It begins on North Main Street (Rt. 524) at the Allen Drive exit from the staging area, heading south on Main Street through town and turning left on High Street (Rt. 539) to the Elementary School.
At the entrance to the Elementary School on High Street, participants in the Memorial Service will be directed onto the school grounds. Drivers and passengers of vehicles taking part in the parade who would like to attend the Memorial Service may park their vehicles in the large parking area just past the Elementary School building.
Immediately after the last group finishes, a Memorial Day Service will be held near the front of the Elementary School. Everyone is invited to attend.
If rain threatens, the Memorial Service may be postponed.
A “PortaJohn” will be available in the VIP staging area on Allen Drive near the intersection with Main Street. Rest rooms are located in the Elementary School building at the end of the parade route.
- Active Military
- American Legion Post # 31
- Allentown and Upper Freehold Twp. Dignitaries
- Civil Air Patrol
- Knights of Columbus / Bishop Arh Color Guard
- Allentown and Robbinsville High School Marching Bands
- Stonebridge Middle School Marching Band
- Ancient Order of Hibernians Bagpipe Band
- Shamrock & Thistle Bagpipe Band
- Jerry Rife’s Rhythm Kings
- Bicycle Contest sponsored by ABCA
- Crescent Temple Motor Cycle Drill Team
- Fire Departments & First Aid Squads
- Local Service Clubs & Organizations
- Shrine Crescent Temple Clowns
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Future Farmers of America
- Crescent Temple Mini Cars
- Brownies & Cub Scouts
- Monmouth Hunt Club
- Little League Teams
- Horseback Riders
- Antique Cars
- 4 H Clubs